Allows a user to extract (parse) numeric data (tables, lists, numbers) and non-numeric data (words, sentences) from any ASCII (text) file easily and efficiently without the need to program complicated and time-consuming file I/O routines. Uses a generic data parsing model that can be easily adapted for extracting data from both structured and unstructured files. Can be run as a stand-alone executable or called from any ActiveX compliant language. such as Visual Basic, MATLAB, C or C++. When run as an ActiveX (COM) server, the extracted (parsed) data (which may consist of numbers, words or sentences) can be returned as an array. You simply index into the array to retrieve the desired elements. Can be used from VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) to fill tables in Microsoft Word reports, populate cells in Microsoft Excel worksheets or records in an MS Access database with data from ASCII (text) files.
» version 2.0.0 - posted on 2003-06-11
Resolution of known bugs
EULA - End User License Agreement
1. This software and accompanying documentation are protected by Canadian and United States copyrightlaw under the North American Free Trade Agreement and also by other international treaty provisions.
2. You may not use, copy, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer the licensed program except as provided in this agreement.
3. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license.
4. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved to Software Techniques Inc.
5. The supplier and the author have no liability to the licensee or any other person or entity for any damage or loss, including special, incidental or consequential damages caused by this product directly or indirectly.
6. The software is supplied "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
7. Warranties of merchantability or of fitness for any purpose are specifically disclaimed.
Tell us your experience with Software Techniques Parsing Tool (STPT)2.0.0
RELATED PROGRAMS Our Recommendations
phpSERA FREE phpSERA is a PHP/MySQL-based tool for Search Engine Ranking Analysis (SERA). The rankings are based on parsing output of search engines, using simple regular expressions. Download
RInject - Web/HTTP Test Tool FREE RInject is a tool for automated testing of web applications and services. It can be used to test HTTP(S) interfaces for service-level monitoring. Compared to WebInject, RInject has a more powerful verification- and parsing-engine. Download
jdirdiff FREE JDirDiff is a GUI tool that compares two directories and merges differences. JDirDiff is a 99% pure java utility, uses swing for front end. uses Xerces () for xml parsing (jdirdiffrc: resource configuration file for personal options). Download